MCA – V SEMESTER
MCA 303 COMPUTER GRAPHICS AND MULTIMEDIA
|4||0||0||4||Duration of Exam- Three hours|
Line Drawing: Geometry and line generation, Vector Generation, Bresenham’s algorithms for line and Circle, Anti Aliasing, Character generation.
Graphic Primitives: Introduction, Display devices, Primitive Operations, Normalized Device Coordinates, Display file – Interpreter, Structure, Algorithms, Display Control, Text, Line style primitive.
Polygons: Representation, Interfacing Algorithms, Filling.
2D Transformations: Scaling, Rotation, Translation, Homogenous coordinates, Coordinate Transformations, Rotation about arbitrary point, Other types of transformations.
Windowing and Clipping: Viewing transformations, Line and Polygon clipping algorithms, Generalized clipping, multiple windowing.
3-D Graphics: Transformations, Rotation about an arbitrary axes, projections ,Hidden surface and line: Back face removal and algorithms, Z- buffers, scan line algorithm, Painters Algorithm, Comparison Techniques, Warnock’s Algorithm, Franklin Algorithm, Illumination, shading algorithms.
Multimedia: Multimedia and Hypermedia, Overview of Multimedia software tools.
- Steven Harrington: Computer Graphics : A Programmer Approach, TMH, 2nd Ed, 1990.
- David F Rogers: Procedural Elements for computer Graphics, TMH, 2nd Ed, 2003.
- Foley, Vandam, Feiner, Huges: Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice, PEA, 2nd Ed, 2004.
- Newman, Sproull: Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics, MCG, 2nd Ed ,1973.
- Donad Hearn, Pauline Baker: Computer Graphics: ‘C’ Version, PEA, 2nd Ed, 2004.
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS, NIT Kurukshetra